ErgoFit’s Top 10 Considerations for Sit / Stand Workstations
You have heard about them, possibly thought about getting one yourself, or have had employees ask if they can get one. Standing work is taking the office world by storm!
However, if you are considering purchasing height adjustable desk options in your office, there are some considerations to take into account prior to doing so:
- Do you have a policy, or do you plan to write a policy regarding procurement of height adjustable desks? Or will you let it happen organically and see how it goes?
- How will you determine who gets one? Surely everyone in the office doesn’t “need” it, but everyone may “want” it!
- How does the employee interact with their workstation? Is it mostly computer work, or does it involve paper reference documents? Is there other equipment that they interact with frequently?
- How many screens does the person use? Is a laptop used in conjunction with a computer screen?
- What is the cost to you? Consider upfront costs, perceived costs and the return on investment from lower healthcare costs, improved morale, and improved productivity.
- Is it an open environment or a closed office space? What is the culture of the office?
- Are the desks connected in one continuous work surface or is each employee’s desk separate? Is there collaborative or solo work?
- Do employees move desks frequently?
- Will there be one standard sit /stand option for all employees? Or will there be a couple of options depending on people’s job tasks and work areas? Which manufacturers will you choose?
- Have employees been trained on how to use their height adjustable desk, including the risks and benefits related to their overall productivity, health and wellbeing? Research shows that without training, your ROI is lower. [p.s. this goes for chairs too!]
By considering these questions, you can ensure that your office will be equipped with the best possible furniture for your employees, their jobs and the company’s bottom line! Interested in learning more? Listen to our recorded webinar or experience our live sit/stand training! And, we are available to develop a plan and guide you through this process.
© ErgoFit Consulting, Inc. and ErgoFitConsulting.com, 2001-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s owner and/or author(s) is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author(s) and ErgoFit Consulting, Inc / ErgoFitConsulting.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.