Monitor Settings & Eye Health
Do you get eye strain or feel like your monitor(s) are difficult to read? Make adjustments to reduce eye discomfort, strain and dry eye:
- Adjust brightness and possibly contrast controls to improve image.
- Enlarge the font if you are unable to move the monitor closer. To quickly change font size in most applications - press Ctrl + scroll on your mouse / input device.
- 20:20:20 Rule - Every ~20 minutes, focus on objects at least 20 feet away for ~20 seconds. Look across the office, or even better, out a window!
- Alternate work tasks that don’t involve a screen (e.g. computer, tablet, or phone).
- Stay up to date on annual eye checks to ensure you are wearing the most appropriate prescription for your eyes; our vision can change quicker when looking at screens daily
Return to ErgoFit's Tips & Tibits